Cover photo for Lynn Dee Talbot's Obituary
1931 Lynn 2022

Lynn Dee Talbot

September 8, 1931 — October 18, 2022


Lynn Dee Talbot was born on September 8, 1931, to Reuben P. Talbot and Elnona Laurence in Richmond Utah. His grandma, Laurence, delivered him in her house. He came during the worst part of the depression.


Lynn was raised in Richmond and attended Park Elementary. His Junior High was in Lewiston. By 1941, his family moved to a log cabin house on 3rd East in Richmond where he spent most of his growing up years. He and his brothers spend many days hiking, fishing up High Creek, and hunting small game. He won a contest one year for collecting the most magpie heads and eggs for the bounty offered by the Fish and Game. He won a new .22 single shot rifle which the family still has in their possession. Fishing was his early on thing. He would ride his bike up High creek and fill his fish bag that Elnona made from a worn-out pair of blue jeans and take them home to feed the entire family.  


In the winter, they liked to sled down the road that went up High Creek by their house. At the end of the road, it made a sharp turn to the left. One year, Lynn and his best friend, Thad Carlson (Uncle Spider), went down the hill on one sled together. When they got to the bottom they didn't slow down fast enough and went airborne. When they came down Thad had a nasty cut on his lip which required stitches. Lynn stood next to Thad in the doctor's office and read passages in The Bible. They laughed and laughed about that for years.  


Lynn attended high school at North Cache High School in Richmond. He met Maureen Roskelley from Smithfield who became his High School sweetheart. They were married on December 15th, 1950, in Logan, Utah. Lynn and Maureen, and his best friend Thad Carlson, and his wife, Carroll went on their honeymoons together. They went to Yellow Stone in one car and slept in tents.  


They lived in Logan, Utah for 2 years. He drove up and down Sardine Canyon every day to work at Hill Air Force Base. They had two sons while living in Logan. Michael was first, and then 14 months later Dennis was born. They were so close everybody thought they were twins. 


They later moved to Ogden, Utah in a basement apartment on Jefferson Avenue until 1960 when they moved to a newly built house in Layton on Onyx Street which was very convenient because the schools were within walking distance. 


On October 19th, 1964, SURPRISE Teresa was born. Daddy's little girl. And of course, she was spoiled to say the least. Lynn loved to take the kids to Lorin Farr Park in Ogden. There was a merry-go-round, a Ferris wheel, and monkey cages. They spent many hours there enjoying the rides. 


Lynn worked at Hill Air Force Base his entire career from 1950 to 1983. He ended up as a production manager over maintenance of landing gear. He was recognized many times for his suggestions which saved the Air Force millions of dollars. He received many checks as a reward. He also was recognized many times for his blood donations. He gave more blood than anyone else at Hill. 


Lynn and Maureen later divorced, and Lynn re-married Barbara Barbur in Elko, Nevada on May 15th, 1977. They lived in Clearfield, Utah and later moved to Rose Park near Salt Lake. They moved back to Richmond after his parents were deceased. Sadly, Barbara passed away with colon cancer. He lived there for many years until he moved to an apartment in Layton to be near his children. He later moved in with his son, Dennis and his wife, Kris in Syracuse where they cared for him for two years. He then developed dementia, and the family had to move him to The Family Tree Assisted Living in West Point, Utah which was only 5 minutes away from his son, Dennis.  


Lynn served many years in his ward in Richmond as a cub scout leader, taking the boys on many hikes and teaching them outdoor skills. He also served for many years as an ordnance worked in the Logan temple. 


On October 11th, 2022, Lynn contracted Covid-19. One week later he passed away. We would like to thank the sweet, loving, and caring people at Family Tree for their hard work and dedication caring for Lynn and the others. They are truly angels of mercy. 


He was proceeded in death by his parents; his two wives, Maureen and Barbara; and his older brother, Ray. He leaves behind his three children, Michael (Sharon), Dennis (Kris), and daughter Teresa (David); 12 grandchildren; and 25 great-grandchildren.


A Graveside service will take place at 2:00pm Friday, October 21, 2022, at the Lewiston City Cemetery, 1000 E. Center Street, Lewiston, Utah 84320. Interment, Lewiston Cemetery.


Services entrusted to Lindquist’s Syracuse Mortuary, 869 South 2000 West, Syracuse, Utah.


Condolences may be shared at:


A Fisherman’s Prayer


I pray that I may live to fish

Until my dying day.

And when it comes to my last cast,

I then most humbly pray:

When in the Lord’s great landing net

And peacefully asleep

That in His mercy I be judged

Big enough to Keep.



To order memorial trees or send flowers to the family in memory of Lynn Dee Talbot, please visit our flower store.

Service Schedule

Past Services

Graveside Service

Friday, October 21, 2022

Starts at 2:00pm (Mountain time)

Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. Standard text messaging rates apply.


Visits: 570

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

Send Flowers

Send Flowers

Plant A Tree

Plant A Tree